Lang's Irish Stew
- 1 lb lamb stew meat
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 carrots (chopped)
- 1 tsp each thyme & basil
- 4 parsnips (chopped)
- 1 tsp each salt & pepper
- 4 potatoes (diced)
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 1 cup each red wine & water
- In a large saucepan over med/high heat olive oil and brown lamb meat for 3 to 5 min.
- Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Drop the butter into the pan and allow it to melt then add onions, carrots, parsnips, potatoes, and garlic.
- Stir frequently to keep from burning.
- After 8 to 10 minutes add thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Stir to coat with spices.
- Then add Worcestershire sauce and stir 30 seconds then add red wine and water.
- Return the meat to the pan and cover, turn heat down to low.
- Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.